Our firm’s commitment is to reduce the impact that our projects, services, and products have on the environment. We seek to use resources and technology, to the greatest extent possible that utilize materials and construction processes that are environmentally responsible. We will seek to find ways to utilize materials, resources, technology, and design in the construction of new and existing buildings so as to be environmentally sound in the buildings life cycle. We are continually finding ways to improve our understanding and application of those materials, resources, and technology that can be used to minimize the overall environmental impact of construction and design of construction projects. We will apply our best efforts and knowledge to help improve the long term conservation effects to the environment.
We believe that by making a commitment to the way we do business, we can contribute to a more sustainable environment through our impact in the construction industry and thus improve sustainability throughout our area of influence and control. We are committed to being actively involved in the environmental process at all levels of management within our organization. We will help to positively influence all parties, including owners, subcontractors, and suppliers to work cooperatively to find ways that will reduce the environmental impact. We will seek to find ways to provide long term sustainability by selecting the best products to meet our commitment to improving the environment.
Our management oversight ensures compliance with all laws, standards and regulations as we look for ways to improve the known methods of reducing the environmental impact. We have empowered our personnel with the responsibility of this firms’ environmental performance and encourage continued efforts to seek improvement as we move forward. Our firm’s belief in our ability to work with clients and our vendors to best serve the environment is at the core of our business plans and operational process.
Chakar&Partners Environmental Policy Objective:
- Champion the efficient use of energy and reduce emissions of gases associated with climate change. Where reduction is not possible, we will advocate for the offset of our own direct emissions using reputable means. Where practical, we will favor renewable energy sources.
- Generate zero waste through reducing upfront demand, reusing materials whenever possible, recycling (or down-cycling), and where these options are not currently practical, provide environmentally sound treatment or disposal.
- Promote the selection and use of materials that impact the environment less.
- Work to mitigate the impact of our operations on flora, fauna and their ecosystems.
- Reduce water usage through conservation and recycling water resources to the greatest possible extent.
- Pursue the reduction of harmful emissions from projects, road vehicles, mobile and stationary equipment, and their processes.
- Minimize the negative impact of our operations on water, land and soil quality.